I refer the following page and have been able to enter without any problems.

https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/invest-dividends1.html
9.8. Dividends -
GnuCash<https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/invest-dividends1.html>
If the dividend is presented as cash, you should record the transaction in the
asset account that received the money, as income from
Income:Dividends.Additionally if you want to tie the cash dividend to a
particular stock holding then add a dummy transaction split to the stock
account with quantity 0 price 1 value 0.
www.gnucash.org

if you enter dividend directly outside the stock account, then it will not
reflect in your Portfolio report.

Saludos Cordiales

Murugan