On 2023-04-08 10:12, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> I'm certainly not trying to convince anyone of any procedure, but for
> those interested, what you describe about the Accounts page without
> running a report is achievable without closing the books.
>
> Adding the column 'Total (period)' to the Accounts page will show only
> the current accounting period (by default 'this year') totals for
> Expenses & Income.
>
> Of course, the balance in the account register is still from the
> beginning of the book in that case. (as is the default 'Total' column on
> the Accounts tab)

Interesting. The only customization of the Accounts page I'd ever done,
till reading your note, was adding to Account Code column.

Out of curiosity I tried Total (period) as you mentioned. Of course in
my case, since I closed the books at the end of 2022, the total (period)
and total columns are the same for income and expenses. But they are
_not_ the same for assets, liabilities, and equity. This is a nice way
to make the current year's change in those accounts visible.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com