> On Jun 11, 2023, at 9:56 AM, Adrien Monteleone
> <adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net> wrote:
>Is this a completely custom report or just a saved configuration? If
>completely custom, you may want to try the -dev list.

This is a report I assembled from the options available in the GC GUI (like the
pie chart you successfully tested).
Unfortunately, I am not competent to use the programming facilities behind GC's
report generation.

> On Jun 11, 2023, John Ralls <jra...@ceridwen.us> wrote:
>It's most likely a javascript problem. Open the javascript console in your
>browser and see if there's an error finding Chart.bundle.min.js.
>The correct location is <prefix>/share/gnucash/chartjs/Chart.bundle.min.js
>where <prefix> is where GnuCash is installed: /usr for a Linux package manager
>installation, /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources for a macOS bundle,
>C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash for Windows, etc.
>
>You can fix the link by editing the html file in your favorite text editor.

I have tried opening the exported HTML reports in Firefox on Ubuntu and in Edge
and Firefox on Windows.  Although the browser consoles show errors, I don't see
any pertaining to " Chart.bundle.min.js", nor do I find any critical errors
pertinent to the report content.
The new HTML reports are looking for Chart.bundle.min.js in
/app/share/gnucash/chartjs/, but no such directory exists on the Ubuntu system
where GnuCash is installed.  In fact, there isn't even an /app/ directory.
Perhaps this is due to GC being installed as a flatpak.
Chart.bundle.min.js does not seem to exist on either system, so I edited the
HTML as you suggested, replacing the local path with
"https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/Chart.js/4.3.0/chart.min.js"; but this
did not improve matters.
However, my previously saved HTML reports from GC 2.xx also don't display
correctly, even though they contain no references to Chart.bundle.min.js.  This
suggests a more fundamental problem and reveals my presumption that the HTML
files could be used as archives as naive.
I have a previously saved PDF file, which is, of course still usable.  This
will be my method going forward, although the lack of a "scale to fit" option
in the GC print dialog requires a bit of trial and error to get a satisfactory
PDF.

Many thanks to both of you for your support!