On 22 Jul 2023, at 17:58, c...@isbd.net wrote:

> But what if one has cash from two collections to go to the same account.
> I.e.  a collection on 22nd July and a collection on 29th July both
> paid in at the same time?

Record the collections individually as Assets:Current Assets:Cash received from
the appropriate Income: account, one on the 22nd July, the second on the 29th.

When you come to deposit the cash in the current account the cash moves from
Assets:Current:Cash to Assets:Current:Bank - the original sources of the cash
aren’t relevant at this point.

The same applies to Cheques Received - the reason the cheque was received is
recorded as it is received, and a bunch of cheques can be paid into the current
account without having to specify what the cheques are for.

Regards,

Michael