That looks like GnuCash thought it wasn't opening your file, but starting a new book.

How did you 'start' GnuCash *exactly* after the 4.14 install?

Also note, you can click Cancel on that first screen, or if it doesn't show again, and you just get a blank app with either no book or a new empty unsaved book, you can open your file via File > Open and navigating to where you last saved it.

That should then clear it up and next time you open GnuCash, it should remember where your book was and open it for you.

Then do the Check & Repair step once you verify you can open your book.