On Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 6:40 AM Gregory Robertson <gregr2...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm use to QuickBooks Pro but as I mentioned I only use a few of the
> features. Is this a good software for me to do just the basics. Also, I
> just want to do on desktop, no online. I am not use to your format. Could
> you please send me an answer to mswr...@gmail.com<mailto:mswr...@gmail.com>.
> Thank you, Susan

I used Quicken for about 20 years and then changed to GnuCash... I also
only used it for checking, credit cards, and some investments.

I did not import anything; I just started afresh some years ago with
GnuCash (I figured that if I had to go back to Quicken, I could, but as the
years pass, this is less and less likely to be needed).

I have enjoyed GnuCash very much. I especially enjoy the fact that I can
run it on iMac, Windows, or Linux.

The one warning I'd give is that the reports in GnuCash are nowhere near as
ready-to-go as they were in Quicken. I struggled to get the reports to
report how and what I wanted.

But, on the other hand, people in this list are very helpful.