Brad,

   Thank you for answering! I appreciate it very much!

   Susan
   Sent from my iPhone

     On Aug 12, 2023, at 6:02 AM, Brad Morrison <bradmorri...@sonic.net>
     wrote:

     Hi Gregory/Susan/Richard/all,

     I think that it is important to remember that GnuCash is an all
     volunteer project and not an accounting system suitable for almost
     any type of organization, other than a very simple one:

     [1]https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/pull/1623#issuecomment-1583966
     278 - "But GnuCash isn't suitable for large, or even small,
     enterprises and never will be. GnuCash is for tiny and simple
     enterprises; we often say individuals and sole proprietorships. Even
     having employees makes using GnuCash a dubious proposition (no
     payroll module), as does carrying more than a very few line items of
     inventory (no inventory module) or performing any sort of
     manufacturing (no bill of materials or cost accounting modules).
     Adding those modules is a non-starter: Consider that it's been 10
     years since we began working on separating libgnucash from the
     application, converting from GObject to C++, and changing from a
     program that can load its data from a SQL database and put it back
     to one that is built around SQL queries. We haven't gotten very far.
     Those seeking a F/LOSS accounting solution for larger enterprises
     should look to Odoo." ([2]https://www.odoo.com/ &
     [3]https://www.odoo.com/accounting-firms)
     I include that last part just to make any expectations you might
     have more grounded in the reality of GnuCash's current capabilities.

     If anyone is interested in expanding GnuCash's capabilities, feel
     free to donate to the project here
     ([4]https://www.gnucash.org/donate.phtml), just be aware that for US
     based taxpayers, GnuCash is not a 501c3 registered nonprofit and
     does not have a fiscal sponsor like some other open source projects
     ([5]https://sfconservancy.org/projects/current/ or
     [6]https://www.spi-inc.org/projects/), so those donations may not be
     tax deductible if the taxpayer itemizes their deductions
     ([7]https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc506).

     Good luck!
     Brad