Read very carefully the steps I listed. They differ in two key respects from the things you were told before:

(a) The command to run is "/Applications/Gnu..." NOT "/Application/Gnu..."

(b) The trace file is NOT in $TEMPDIR/gnucash.trace, but in $TMPDIR/gnucash.trace.

Typos were made in previous responses to you. You should just execute the steps again and see what you get. I am pretty sure they will work because I tried them out before I posted them.

I'm not sure the crash file is of any use to the people in the know (who are not me). The trace file is a very detailed list of the operations being performed by the program as it starts up, hopefully to the point of giving an indication of the point of failure. The crash file? I don't know what that can help with.

On 2023-09-17 12:13, (Alan) David Smith wrote:
There is still no trace file. But you now have crash report.

On 17/09/2023, 15:13, "gnucash-user on behalf of Ken Farley"<gnucash-user-bounces+smith54=smith54.karoo.co...@gnucash.org on behalf of farle...@gmail.com> wrote:

     I think you might be missing some of the steps you were asked to
     perform, so here they are:

     (1) Run Gnucash while telling it to save a trace file. This file lists
     all the actions of the program. This is done with the command (on MacOS):

     /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash --debug

     This will run Gnucash, presumably until it crashes, while writing a
     trace file in the directory specified by the environment variable TMPDIR
     on your system.

     (2) To make the trace file more accessible, you copy it to your user
     directory. To be sure it's in this location, perform the following two
     commands:

     cd

     cp $TMPDIR/gnucash.trace .

     (3) Now that you have this tracefile, you want to provide it to the
     folks on the mailing list who can interpret such things. Since it's
     likely a very long file, it is not a good idea to copy and paste it's
     contents into a message. Instead, when you reply to the mailing list,
     you attach the file to the message, usually by dragging and dropping the
     file in Outlook, or using the "Attach File" button, etc.

     Hopefully, if you do these things, someone will be able to figure out
     where your installation is going wrong.