You're quite welcome Jim, and here I thought I was the one learning from you!

We all have something to offer others, is I think, the lesson here.

On 10/22/23 3:23 PM, Jim DeLaHunt wrote:
Bravo, Adrien!

You weren't writing this message for me, but you happened to write the explanation of "debit" and "credit" which I found very clear. I realise that this won't be the ideal explanation for everyone, but it was for me.

Thank you for helping me understand. And thank you to everyone who has taken the trouble to explain things on this -user list. You help more -users than perhaps you will know.

Best regards,
    —Jim DeLaHunt, long-time GnuCash user who is about to start using "formal accounting labels"