I have a situation where I have charged say$2 008 in an invoice. After posting, the customer correctly told me that the invoice should have been $2 000. The invoice has already been correctly paid at $2 000 and payment due date has already happened.

When processing the payment, I entered $8 in the refund and the invoice changed to $2 000 as one would expect. After processing the payment, I still had the $8 to process in the process payment window. How do I properly process this?

If I should have used a credit note, how do I do that?