On 10/30/2023 1:37 PM, Bruce McCoy via gnucash-user wrote:
David,
   Here are the source code text files, *.EDT, for the program. They are in
BKS.EDT.zip. These files are corrected. To make them easier to read, like
TAXCODE.txt (q.v.), run them with TAS, which is in TAS.zip.

BKS.EDT.zip, BKS.EDT.zip.txt,  TAS.zip  and TAS.zip.txt are in General at
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/d323887f48f9gote69ohm/h?rlkey=gudyrc3o8r8wf0icti0k705gn&dl=0
All we need to do that is find someone with DOS. I do not have a DOS machine
any more. I'll ask my contacts to see whether they still have that capability.
You may find people who use DOS. If so, you will be able to make the source code files read like TAXCODE.txt yourself. Best Regards.
Bruce

Confusion? What would DOS (the operating system) have to do with SOURCE CODE files? It's the compiler's job and the link editor's job to turn that source code into an executable for running on some specific (these days generic) hardware under some specific operating system.

Thus if I had a program written in c that was once compiled and linked to run under DOS I would expect to be able to compile and link that program to run under the machine I now have (using the c compiler on my machine) and it should work just fine.

Michael D Novack