On 11/28/23 5:34 AM, David Kirkby wrote:
On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 at 10:35, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net> wrote:

Neither of those is an Accounts Payable Aging Report.

I'm not certain what the first one is. The second is a Transaction Report.

Go to Reports > Business > Payable Aging

If I go to Reports > Business > Payable Aging, I just see

*Payable Ageing - 28/11/2023A/Payable or A/Receivable accounts exist but
have no suitable transactions*

That message tells me you don't have bills entered for any vendors. If you do, then I suspect this has something to do with your AP account tree and how you are using it with respect to multiple currencies. The report is not 'seeing' them.

Since today (28/11/2023) there's nothing outstanding. But it does not tell
what (if anything) was outstanding on 28/02/2022, which is what I want to
know. I can't see a way of generating that report on a specific date.
With the report open, click the Options button on the toolbar. On the General tab, change the 'To' date to your desired end date explicitly, in this case, 28/02/2022.

I'm fairly certain the balance was zero on that date, but it would be nice
to know for sure.

1) Click Reports > Transaction reports
2) Edit the report options and select the starting and ending dates of the
financial year
3) Select A/P as the account
4) Check "Subtotal balance" and "Account Balance" on the Display section

I then get a report showing £382.83 owing, but no indication of who too.

Essentially I generated a P+L plus trial balance for my accountant, and he
can see they don't match. He also sees this £382.83 on A/P and asked what
transactions is it for. The truth is I can't find any transactions, as I
believe it's incorrect.

I seem to be in one big mess 😪

You need to solve the multi-currency setup first procedure wise, and if different from your current setup, adjust previous bills (and perhaps invoices if that has the same problem) accordingly. Then your reports should work.

I thought the Help Manual or the Tutorial & Concepts Guide covered this situation, but I could be mistaken.