On 11/28/23 3:55 PM, David Kirkby wrote:
On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 at 15:55, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net> wrote:

David, I could be mistaken, but I think this is influencing your
reporting problem. (if the A/P side looks like what you posted below
concerning A/R)

Assets:A/R
--Assets:A/R (GBP)
--Assets:A/R (USD)
--Assets:A/R (EUR)

That looks very logical, but would mean unposting and reposting every
single transaction. But it is very clear to both me and my account.
Nope. As I noted in the other reply, simply edit the USD & EUR accounts and set their parent as the main A/R account. Then rename the A/R:A/R account to Assets:Accounts Receivable:Accounts Receivable (GBP)

You don't have to do anything with bills or payments or any other transactions.

Then re-run your reports.

or perhaps more simply:

Assets:A/R
--Assets:A/R (USD)
--Assets:A/R (EUR)

Where each child is specifically set to those named currencies and the
parent A/R is in your book currency. (assuming GBP here)

As I wrote before, I don't understand this one. If I put GBP transactions
in Assets:A/R, that's no different to what I have now. It would however be
much easier, as only non-GBP transaction would need to be reposted, not
every single one. But the former looks clearer.

Unless you described your account tree incorrectly from the very beginning, it *is* different because you are currently nested an extra level deep.

Maybe expand that part of your tree in the Accounts tab and send us a screenshot? (and maybe do the same for A/P while you are at it, so we can put that to rest as well)