On 11/29/23 6:05 PM, David Kirkby wrote:
Is it possible, and so how, to move the A/R USD account directly under the
assets and not under the GBP account? When I set up accounts like that, the
P&L and trial balance agreed with each other.

On the Accounts tab, select that USD account and click the Edit toolbar button. In the bottom right pane of the Edit Dialog, select the parent to be Assets instead of the A/R GBP account. And if that works, I'd do the same for the EUR account.

I am still puzzled it’s now possible to delete a non-GBP transaction that
has been posted.  I think that’s a new problem , within the last day or
two.  I would need to go back to an earlier version to be sure.

I'm still not clear on what you are describing here. See my points/questions in the other reply.