On Wed, 29 Nov 2023 at 23:28, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net> wrote:

> You can set your bank accounts nested however you want. GnuCash doesn't
> care as there is nothing special about such accounts.
>
> Gnucash *does* care about types Accounts Receivable and Accounts
> Payable. (regardless of what you name them)
>
> But exactly how these should be structured is still to be determined.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

Is it possible, and so how, to move the A/R USD account directly under the
assets and not under the GBP account? When I set up accounts like that, the
P&L and trial balance agreed with each other.

I am still puzzled it’s now possible to delete a non-GBP transaction that
has been posted.  I think that’s a new problem , within the last day or
two.  I would need to go back to an earlier version to be sure.

I charge customer extra for non-GBP transactions, anti always say GBP will
be cheaper. They certainly do cause an extra overhead with software issues,
accounting issues, the need to maintain 3 price lists.

A few years ago I reported a bug to the bug tracker related to non-GBP
currencies. I think it was a report that was wrong, but that issue got
resolved.

Dave.