GnC will handle multiple years worth of accounting information so no need to "start" a new year.  Just keep using the same data file(s) and enter the appropriate dates.   That's the easiest way.  If you really want separate files (books), then you will have to export the accounts (last time I tried that I think it exported as a file the GnC could open).  However, you will have to enter a transaction to setup the beginning account balances.  More work than I want to do.

Stephen M Butler
stephen.m.butle...@gmail.com
kg...@arrl.net
253-350-0166