In 10+ years of GnuCash, I've never once seen a transaction appear that I didn't put there myself.

-----
Someone else reported an error with an XML lib not long ago. It might be the same one. If I recall correctly, this would have been after the 5.5 release. As far as I remember, it generated a crash, but not 'rogue' transactions.