On 1/20/2024 7:24 PM, Geoff wrote:
Conjecture - Edge is also the default app for opening XML files on Windows?

Repeating the import in debug mode, the trace file contains lots of information, no obvious (to me) error messages, and no mention of Edge:

https://bugs.gnucash.org/attachment.cgi?id=374989

Geoff

NOT really a gnucash matter. But the "defaults" for which app to use for objects of type X are something you as the user get to specify. Naturally, Microsoft wants you to use THEIR apps, so "out of the box" Windows has all of the defaults set to THEIR apps (if Microsoft makes an app to handle objects of type X) I consider this to simply be one of the tasks to take care of with a new install of a Windows OS is to change all the "out of the box" settings that aren't to my liking to the apps I want to be using.

So in a case like this, you go to the place where you make the association settings and see what app is specified for .xml

Michael D Novack