On Sat, Jun 1, 2024 at 3:40 PM David G. Pickett via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user@gnucash.org> wrote:

> I like to record my checks written on the day they were written, not
> cashed, but am frustrated that then I cannot check when they cleared!
> Float is nice, especially if you get interest, but not something I bank
> on!  :D  Similarly, one bank puts a 3 day hold on transfers, so the money
> goes out one day and shows up in the other account 3-5 days later!  Maybe
> another field would be nice?  I don't want to create a limbo account and
> two transactions to hold the value when it is floating!

I have run into this same thing when transferring funds from one
institution to another.  I have settled on the practice of using the date
when it shows up at the "TO" institution rather than the "FROM" of the
previous one; and I usually enter it when the "FROM" initiates the
transfer... so there is a future transaction when I enter it to know that
it is "in transit"