For transfers, I put both dates in the description, and start it at the from
date for ease of reconciling that account, then move it to the to date for ease
in reconciling that account.  I have not tried that for checks, but might start
them when cleared and then move them to when written.  Even ACH often shows up
a business day later.

So much of the business world still runs like it did on daily tape master file
updates, where they fed one or more tapes of input transactions and inquiries
into a tape master file update and got one or more output transaction tapes.
They could do it in real time on disk.  The only downside for instant real time
is that a delay with notification allows the account owner a chance at catching
fraud.  Similarly, some CC make me wait days for a statement, as if printing
paper, when they could generate the pdf from their RDBMS for me interactively
one second after midnight after the cycle!
    On Monday, June 3, 2024 at 11:37:12 AM EDT, R Losey <rlo...@gmail.com>