From: gnucash-user <gnucash-user-bounces+stdenis0=yahoo....@gnucash.org> on
behalf of Adrien Monteleone <adrien.montele...@lusfiber.net>
Sent: Monday, July 8, 2024 3:14:41 PM
To: gnucash-u...@lists.gnucash.org <gnucash-u...@lists.gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Consolidated billing of two credit cards

I'm in the camp that would just use a single split transaction payment
and leave the accounts as-is, if not for the very least, that the bank
still treats them as separate accounts. They can change how they present
the statement on a whim. (as they have clearly already done once)

I always attempt to model the real world in my accounting as closely as
possible.

If it helps with reconciliation, you can put them under a placeholder
parent account, and opt to include sub-accounts during reconciliation.