Hi all

During a discussion on a Gnucash feature request on bugzilla, the
discussion shifted to multi-split CSV import. In order to help me
understand, I asked for more explanations and more importantly for an
example of use.

So for the benefit of all users, here is a made-up case, where I assume
the transactions below have somehow been computed beforehand by an
external tool (spreadsheet, Python script, whatever) and I want to
import these transactions.

Let's say I have this hierarchy of accounts:

- Income
    - Salary
       - Work 1
       - Work 2
       - Retirement
- Assets
    - Cars
       - Car 1
          - Buy
          - Amortization
          - Resell
       - Car 2
          - Buy
          - Amortization
          - Resell
- Expenses
    - Utilities
       - Electric
- Liabilities
    - House

Then say that I want to import these transactions (all these numbers
are fake, of course), using ISO8601 date format:

- 100€ of income each month from 2026-09-01 to 2028-12-31 from Work 1
- 10€ of income once a year from 2026-06-01 to 2030-12-31 from Work 2
- single 2000€ regularization income on 2029-01-01 when leaving Work 1
- 50€ of income each month from 2029-01-01 for as long as possible from
Retirement
- Consider Car 1 amortization is finished (I left it only to have two
accounts with the same name)
- Resell Car 1 for 250€ on 2027-10-15
- Car 2 amortization reduces linearly each month from 540€ to 0€ over 5
years starting 2025-01-01 (i.e. 540€, 525€, 510€… 45€, 30€, 15€, 0€)
- Electric bill 30€ each month
- House loan 80€ each month for the next 6 years


The question is: how do I use multi-split CSV import to import these
transactions, or in other words how do I set up my external tool so it
creates a CSV file that gnucash could import?

best regards,
Luc 
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to