Le mardi 15 septembre 2026 à 23:11 +1000, flywire a écrit : > You certainly can import all those transactions as a multi-split. The > easiest way to learn it is to enter a few typical transactions into > GnuCash, export them as a CSV, and then create a new book without any > transactions. By importing the data back into that clean book, you > can systematically work out which fields are essential and which ones > aren't required at all. > > However, I think the bigger issue here is that you are confused about > how this fits into your workflow. What exactly are you trying to > achieve? >
My initial issue was that I want to anticipate about my upcoming retirement, with a decrease of income and still some loans to pay back. I attempted to do that using the scheduled transactions feature in Gnucash, but hit a limit when scheduling transactions too far in the future (I need several years here). The developers explained to me that scheduled transactions were not designed for such long term forecast. They suggested two options: either I use the budget feature, or I create a CSV file with transactions far in the future and I import them. The wiki pages about multi-split CSV import describe the concepts, but they do not provide any examples. So the developers suggested I present a simplified version of the problem here on the list, where I could get answers that would be visible and therefore could benefit everyone in the Gnucash community. They will probably improve the wiki pages with this dummy example. best regards Luc > Regards _______________________________________________ gnucash-user mailing list [email protected] To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe: https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user ----- Please remember to CC this list on all your replies. You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
