I did see the error message screenshot, and yes, Geoff's suggestion should clear it up.

Regards,
Adrien

On 9/28/26 7:30 PM, Geoff wrote:
Hi Mike

Your error message didn't come through, but try this anyway:

(1) Delete the "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\" folder and all its sub- folders and contents.

(2) Try the installation again.

If that doesn't work, repeat step (1) then download and install your previous version.  If you don't already have a copy, you can find it here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gnucash/files/gnucash%20(stable)/5.15/

Good luck!

Geoff
=====

On 29/09/2026 9:57 am, mikeb--- via gnucash-user wrote:
Hi


I wonder if someone can help me.

I downloaded the latest version of GNUCASH 5.17 to upgrade my current 5.15
version.  At the end of the installation I received the following error
message.






I have checked the location of the file in question and it does exist in the
C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\libstdc++-6.dll

I am now stuck as I can’t access any of my accounts and need to access them
mid-morning today 12:00 GMT (UK)

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to