On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Hubert Chathi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not sure what needs to be clarified.  The compatibility table in
> the GPL FAQ, written by the FSF, says that you can't link a GPLv2'd
> application against a LGPLv3'd library, which is exactly the case we
> have.  It seems that the FSF has already clarified the issue for us.

When I mentioned that I guess I should have been a little more clear.
GNUstep needs to find what the way forward is!  Is an exception to the
LGPLv3 the correct solution?  Is it even possible?  Will it help? Etc...

At this point the problem has been identified, and there's actually been an
example of why some libraries have not yet moved to version 3 of the
(L)GPL.  Now the question is, what are we going to do?

Stefan