If the consensus is to move to github, then that work is basically already
done.   The github mirror is a full mirror of all of the code in
subversion.   I agree with David.  Where we are hosted is extremely
important since it has everything to do with visibility.

The only problem I am seeing with moving is that we may lose some existing
contributors or, at least, piss off some existing contributors if we do
make a move to github.   Additionally, as one might predict, the FSF
doesn't like github.   So a move to github not only amounts to a move of
repos, but I'm afraid it's also the equivalent of a fork which is not
something I'm opposed to talking about.

GC