I came in contact with Raghunath Vishnu Pandit, photographer,
literateur and much more very early in my work in contact between Goa
and Kanara in the 1970s. I had many sessions with him on Konkani
literature, folklore and much more. Unfortunately, when I suggested
his name for Sahitya Academy Award in 1977 as member of the SA Konkani
committee, all members wanted Ravindra Kelekar and his Himalayant and
not his Mhoje Git Gauddeachem. Second, I proposed, with the president
of SA agreeing with me, that Konkani be recognised in at least three
scripts for thirty years before a unity of scripts, but they denied
the cause. So, I resigned and never came close to SA again. I am even
now away from Goan Konkani politics.
You want to remember RVPandit. Are you honest?
William Robert Da Silva