 Data: Thu, 9 May 2024 22:16:02 +0000

 De: Joao Paulo Cota <joao_c...@hotmail.com>

 Assunto: Re: [GRN] GOA : High Voter Turnout

 Para: goa-research-net@googlegroups.com

Dear Alberto,

The dictator I was referring to is no other than our good friend Modi.

The Armani suit guy.

I wonder how these voting machines are rigged this time to favour the votes towards a certain communalist, fundamentalist, party we are familiar with the name.

Till date, I am curious to know why Mr Goel resigned as Election Commissioner for 'personal reasons'. Could it be he did not agree to certain 'stuff' imposed on him in West Bengal or elsewehre, or was he threatened in any way?

Many organizations overseas already label India as an autocracy, ruled by a dictator - not a democracy. If anyone disagrees with him, it is his way or the highway... democracies function differently.

The main element being accountability - which he feels he has none.

BTW, these arrangements of refreshments, shades, etc. at pooling stations are basics and should not be seen as freebies with a poster of the big man - as if he has provided that.

Other states in India have candidates offering freebies like chickens, booze, etc.

Democracy, seriously?

Regards,

Joao Paulo

-------------------------

FROM: goa-research-net@googlegroups.com <goa-research-net@googlegroups.com> on behalf of albert...@sapo.pt <albert...@sapo.pt>
SENT: 09 May 2024 12:03
TO: goa-research-net@googlegroups.com <goa-research-net@googlegroups.com>
SUBJECT: Re: [GRN] GOA : High Voter Turnout

Cota

Your opinion expressed here must be referring to Donald Trump and subsequent events in the USA or Iran.

As a Portuguese politician said: Let us have the humility to always prefer imperfect democracy to dictatorship. Nobody wants to exchange a less perfect democracy for a dictatorship. We want better, much better democracy.

Now about retornados. The people (like a former Goan priest I met) who left Goa after 1961 will never support tDemocracy, especially when they jumped to where Salazar ruled, then from Portugal to Africa and finally from here to Portugal and Brasil in 1975.

Cota, there's more. Polling booths in Goa were seen with arrangements of refreshments, coolers, and shades to protect the voters from the heat.

We can imagine, PEOPLE DRINKING COKE, JUICES, EATING SHRIMP, BEFORE GOING TO VOTE.

Want better than that? Not even in the USA.

Regards

Alberto

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/goa-research-net/20240509130326.Horde.dZxYRyx1oBT91sw9LXQeO12%40mail.sapo.pt.

goa-research-net+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com