Dear All,

In the year 2009, when we launched the Open Access Journal of Medicinal and
Aromatic Plants (OAJMAP) <http://www.oajmap.in> from Medicinal and Aromatic
Plants Association of India (MAPAI) <http://www.mapai.co.nr> we have asked
a question on a OA forum on what should be the suitable CC license to apply
for the OAJMAP.

We were told and we also got convienced that we should go for CC BY ND. But
now as we are progressing, I feel unfortable in using 'ND'.

Why?? the license says -- No Derivative Works ? You may not alter,
transform, or build upon this work.

But, all the research is derived out from the existing and new things would
be built on the existing.

I would like to advice to the Editorial Board, OAJMAP and the Management
Committee, MAPAI to go for CC-BY.

Whats your suggestions pleases??

Sridhar

Sridhar Gutam PhD, ARS, Patent Laws (NALSAR), IP & Biotech. (WIPO)
Senior Scientist (Plant Physiology)
Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture
Rehmankhera, Kakori Post
Lucknow 227107, Uttar Pradesh, India
Phone: +91-522-2841022/23/24; Fax: +91-522-2841025
Mobile:+91-9005760036/8005346136
Publications: http://works.bepress.com/sridhar_gutam/