On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Stevan Harnad <amscifo...@gmail.com> wrote:
      On Sat, May 12, 2012, Alicia Wise (Elsevier Director of Universal
      Access)  wrote:

It will be very helpful in helping researchers to provide -- and their
institutions and funders to mandate -- Open Access if Elsevier drops
its "you may if you wish but not if you must" clause, which is not
only incoherent, but intimidates authors.

Stevan,
Could you please explain this clause? (This is my ignorance as I don't publish
with Elevier and so am unfamiliar with their author-side contracts). Does it
mean that Elsevier sometimes allows Green Open Access and sometimes don't?

P.

--
Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics