I object to the notion of sustainable applied to publications for two reasons :

1. Scientific research is unsustainable and has been so since at least the 17th
century.

2. Peer-reviewing research results and making resulting version available to all
interested is an integral part of the research process. Building on the
shoulders of "giants" requires this.

Therefore, why ask of the publishing phase to be sustainable when the rest of
the research process is not sustainable? Let us have subsidized publishing to
complete subsidized research.

Jean-Claude Guédon

--
Jean-Claude Guédon