Some responses to PMR:

Nature's Scientific Reports website lists just one fee for APFs, in different
currencies - $1,350 in the Americas. There is no mention of differential
pricing based on CC license choice. From:
http://www.nature.com/srep/authors/index.html#costs

Here is the advice given to authors about their licensing choices:
"Scientific Reports does not require authors of original (primary) research
papers to assign copyright of their published contributions. Rather, authors
can choose one of three licenses: the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported
license; the Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported license; or the
Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported license".
"http://www.nature.com/srep/policies/index.html#license-agreement

Nature is obviously going to some lengths to be transparent in their
information to authors, so I will take it as a given that this journal does not
charge more for CC-BY.

My data sample of 8 articles on the Scientific Reports home page on the evening
of Jan. 28, 2013 PST about 9:30 p.m. is a small sample, but it is data. With
such a small sample it is difficult and unwise to draw much by way of
conclusions, however this small sample is sufficient to conclude that at least
some scientists, given the choice between CC-BY, CC-BY-NC-SA, and CC-BY-NC-ND
with all other variables apparently equal, are choosing CC-BY-NC-ND. More
research would be needed to establish the current preferences of scientists,
and this real-world experimental situation where authors have the choice is
useful for such research.

With respect to who is making decisions about the CC licenses of journals
listed in DOAJ: I have no information about who is making the decisions,
regardless of what decision is being made. All I can say is that it appears
that many fully open access journals, even in the sciences, either do not use
CC licenses at all, or if they do, CC-BY is not the obvious and ubiquitous
choice.

best,

Heather Morrison, PhD
The Imaginary Journal of Poetic Economics
http://poeticeconomics.blogspot.com