If I may resurrect this question about joint authors.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my assumption is that joint authorship is very
much like a joint bank account. You, as the joint account owner, has just as
much the ability to withdraw money, write checks, initiate wire transfers, etc
as the other account owner. Isn't joint authorship very similar? One co-author
has the ability to exercise his or her rights to self-archive the work in an IR
(provided the journal's policies allow this). Why should one co-author be able
to prevent others from self-archiving?

----
Stephen X. Flynn
Emerging Technologies Librarian