May I suggest that authors of articles in Lingua should make full use of their
self-archiving rights to make this material freely available through their OA
archive.

Does anyone know the history of author contracts for this journal? What rights
(if any) were retained by the society, what rights were granted by the author,
and the state of retention of records proving who has rights to what are three
different matters. Also these matters often change over time.

Another thought for the new journal is that actively seeking review articles
covering topics discussed in the old journal would go a long way to freeing up
the knowledge contained in the articles, not the articles themselves.

Heather

On Nov 13, 2015, at 2:12 AM, "Richard Poynder"