A lot of industry research is directly related to products and services so the
results are proprietary. As an example, after I discovered the issue tree I was
getting sole source federal contracts to do them, because only I knew how. So I
never published anything on them.

Google does more R&D than NSF or DOE, somewhere around ten billion a year, but
I doubt much is published. Might be fun to see how much.

David