** apologies for cross posting **

Dear all,

I hope you're all well. I wanted to share our press release with you which can
be found here:

https://group.springernature.com/gp/group/media/press-releases/new-open-access-milestone-with-the-publication-of-1000th-oa-book/17990474

===

Springer Nature has reached a new milestone in open access (OA) publishing with
the release of its 1000th open access book.

With 84 million chapters downloaded across the portfolio, the company is
advancing discovery by offering the possibility to publish scholarly books open
access so they can be immediately and freely accessed by readers worldwide.

As the largest OA publisher, Springer Nature launched a dedicated OA book
programme in 2012 to give authors the opportunity to publish scholarly books
OA. Six years later, in 2018, the OA books programme comprised 500 OA books
with over 30 million chapter downloads. Only two years later, the total OA book
output has now doubled, and the number of chapters downloaded nearly tripled.

The 1000th open access book, "Health of People, Health of Planet and Our
Responsibility: Climate Change, Air Pollution and Health", includes a wide
range of cross-disciplinary views regarding the health impacts of climate
change. It brings together health care professionals, climate scientists,
social scientists and humanities researchers, and theologians and political
leaders and includes contributions from four Nobel Laureates.

"Reaching the milestone of 1000 open access books is a proud moment for us.
Open access increases the visibility, readership, and impact of scholarly
books, and we are delighted to be at the forefront in helping more authors
benefit from this, given the important role books play in scholarly
communication," says Ros Pyne, Director, Open Access Books and Book Policies at
Springer Nature.

Springer Nature offers its open access books across a wide range of areas in
science, technology, medicine (STM), and the humanities and social sciences
(HSS) with a diverse array of book types including monographs, edited
collections, reference works, and proceedings. Springer Nature's preferred
licence for OA books is CC BY, and authors retain copyright over their work.

Springer Nature has been publishing academic books and textbooks for over 175
years and is using its experience and expertise, along with its investment in
new technologies and initiatives, to drive forward the publishing and reading
experience. Springer Nature was the first to offer all of its books in
electronic format, alongside the print version.

===

Best regards,

Christina Emery
Open access books - marketing manager at Springer Nature
christina.em...@springernature.com<mailto:christina.em...@springernature.com>

https://www.springernature.com/gp/researchers/campaigns/celebrating-1000-open-access-books

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is
not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error
please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage
mechanism. Springer Nature Limited does not accept liability for any statements
made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of
Springer Nature Ltd or one of their agents.
Please note that Springer Nature Limited and their agents and affiliates do not
accept any responsibility for viruses or malware that may be contained in this
e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and
attachments (if any).
Springer Nature Limited. Registered office: The Campus, 4 Crinan Street,
London, N1 9XW. Registered Number: 00785998 England.