In a message dated 06/21/2002 1:41:03 PM EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I consider it my inalienable right and duty to think freely, and express
myself fully
 and forthrightly in any public forum that I participate in. And yes, I do
believe I am
 doing a service to Science and humanity, as much as you believe you are by
 spreading your gospel. >>

Dear Santosh and All:

I don't believe anyone is questioning your inalienable rights, duties or
obligations :)

But that should not give anyone the right to impose their views (be it
scientific or diabolical) on the faith-filled who believe and trust in God's
omnipotence. Can we live and let live? There is ample room for all of us to
attain their chosen destinations!

The "hold your peace" theory is mostly invoked at nuptials, and common sense
would extend it to any blasphemy. You rightfully acknowledged in an earlier
post:

"I have no problem with people who believe in miracles based on faith,  just
as I have no problem with people who believe in God based on faith."

By the same token, I am sure that no one has a problem with any valid
scientific method. In their angst to prove that nothing was beyond their
comprehension, people once tried and failed miserably in the Tower of Babel
experiment -- of which I doubt there is any proof or photographs :(

Can we then all not agree to close this thread -- which has been unduly
prolonged? Referee Viviana may have a soft spot for you and not command you
to hold your peace. But the Admin. Team ought to step in at some point and
close the Thread :)

Thanks for your empathy and understanding:

Pat de Sousa

PS: Since I am advocating that this thread be closed, would appreciate
though, if you can privately e-mail me some brief summations in support of
the following:

"But there is ample objective historical evidence that the demystification of
a miracle claim in every single case has led to freedom from ignorance and
advancement of knowledge."

I know you once stated that there was no scientific evidence to support the
influence of the moon during lunar eclipses on pregnant women. But we all
know how most ladies back home are miraculously immobilized at these times.
And there is assuredly an exhaustive laundry lists of phenomena associated
therewith. Surely they aren't all foolish old wives tales -- a word of
caution to the wise -- try convincing them otherwise :-)