WHAT'S ON IN GOA:
* Oct 06: Alzheimers conf ends Sun 2pm, Porvorim
* Oct 11: ML Sardesai's translation of Satre's "Les Mots" in Konkani, 5:30pm
* Oct 12: Goa Orchestra performs at the Kala (Corelli, Bach)
* Mid-Oct: 2-day ornithologists workshop, Bondla southernbirdwing.com

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Frederick Noronha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The miracle, involving a tribal girl, Monica Besra, who was
>reportedly cured of an ovarian tumour by praying to Mother Teresa,
>was recognised as such by the Vatican earlier this week.
>
>A miracle is required along with testimonials to a holy life for a
>person to be "beatified" by the Roman Catholic Church, a step in the
>process of sainthood.
>
>But Health Minister Surya Kanta Mishra of Marxist-led West Bengal
>has now said Besra was healed with medication and not through a
>miracle. His claims are being backed by doctors of the hospital
>where Besra reportedly received treatment.

How refreshing to read this! Finally, someone has found the courage
to voice his skeptical attitude towards such supernatural beliefs in
public. I am particularly happy that these doctors have used their
objectivity rather than acquiesce to public sympathy and
sentimentalism. Let us hope that this trend continues.

Cheers,

Santosh