O.K. - we are almost set to rock-n-roll here.

Here is a heads-up.

We have a teacher and we will settle on a classroom early next week (most probably St. Valentine's School in Mississauga). Probable day date is Friday from 7 pm to 9 pm. Start date for the course will be determined by end of next week.

Six people have registered so far - on just my first set of phone calls for an expression of interest!

The curriculum will be something like this (to be confirmed)

1. The teaching of colloquial konkani - the main objective.

The course will also cover:
2. Some basic differences of the language in North Goa vs. South Goa, between Christians and Hindus, between Konkani and Marathi.
3. A basic overview of how Konkani is written in the Devnagari and Roman scripts

I anticipate these evenings to be more social/fun evenings with snacks & pop drinks served during the break.

There will be a cost associated with this course. The following will have to be paid for:

a. the room
b. the tutor and materials
c. snacks and pop

The fee will be determined by all participating at our first meeting. The individual costs will be tabled and we will collectively decide on an appropriate fee for the course.

Those of you interested in participating are invited to e-mail me privately in the first instance with your phone number. I will then call you back.

Also, anyone with any other (constructive) comments, is invited to write to me either via goanet or privately.

Tim de Mello
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ontario, CANADA