I think this subject has come up here before. Anyway,
konkani classes were started here in the mid-80s under
the late theatrist Richard Fernandes. I think for a
start there were at least 20 people which dwindled
down.
The government had provided $800 for this but because
of poor response the money had to be returned.
Two years ago, a teacher (now retired) said she had
recommended teaching konkani to students. The Catholic
School Board had okayed the proposal provided there
was a minimum number of students. But the efforts
failed to enroll the required number and, hence, it
never materialized.
I attended the event where it was declared with Board
officials present. My credit to the teacher (whose
name I now forget) for trying.
I don't want to sound negative. It would take lot of
efforts to draw Goans, specially the young, to the
classes. But it's worth a try after so many years.
BTW, what's "colloquial konkani"?

Eugene Correia