Dear Martin,

You may find the answer at the Central Library and the Historical
Archives of Goa, both at Panjim and with Fr. Pratap Naik, who is based in
Porvorim, Goa and is part of the Thomas Stevens Konkani Kendre, which
researches Konkani.

Other books of interest

a) History of Christians in Coastal Karnataka (Origin, development of
Christian Settlement) by Pius Fidelis Pinto 71 pages
b) The Christian impact of South Kanara (1999) by Dr. Kranti Farias
c) Saraswati's Children - Alan Machado (Prabhu), who calls the christian
community " a fusionof two important historical and cultural elements -
their Aryan inheritance from their original home on the banks of the
Saraswati river, and their Lusitanian legacy following the Portuguese
conquest of Goa and the conversion to Catholicism"

Researches who have worked on these books have found useful source of
information at the above library and Archives.  I hope you too will
find the answers

N.B. This info was passed to me by a friend, who had seen an article on
the Herald dated 17-04-2001 titled "Goa's lost children look back at
their roots .....from Mangalore" by Frederick Noronha; would like to have
a copy of these books and wonder if goanet could help in finding
out in which bookshop they are available.
Val