Hi Nirmala,

Some useful references:

Goan Society In Transition by B.G. Souza

Goa and the Blue Mountains by Richard Burton

People of India - Goa, Volume xxi General Editor" K.S. Singh

Goa: Cultural Trends (Seminar papers) Ed.: P.P. Shirodkar

Good luck

Basilio Monteiro

nirmala gopal rajanala wrote:

Hello friends,

My name is nirmala and I came to goa a few years back. I fell in love with goa the moment I came here and I feel goans are the most helpful and nice people.

I heard from many people that goa has a distinct culture, a blend of the traditional Indian culture and the impact of portuguese colonial rule, making it different from people living elsewhere.

With a desire to study goan culture and life style in detail, especially in the work and organisational context, I am working towards my research.

I will be very grateful to any of you who can give me specific instances of how goans are different in their life style, work attitudes and how all this contributes to organisational performance.

I will be very obliged if you can mail me directly on  this topic, any examples and suggestions, comments and advice. You can mail at [EMAIL PROTECTED].

Thanking you and goa net for giving me the opportunity to be introduced to the goan elite, I look forward to a healthy discussion on the most interesting topic -Goa and Goans

Regards,
Nirmala