Reply directly to "Basilio G. Monteiro"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> ----Original Message Follows----
> From: "Basilio G. Monteiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [GOANET] On Goan Culture and attitude to
> work
> Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 17:07:52 -0500

Hi Nirmala,

Some useful references:

Goan Society In Transition by B.G. Souza

Goa and the Blue Mountains by Richard Burton

People of India - Goa, Volume xxi General Editor" K.S.
 Singh

Goa: Cultural Trends (Seminar papers) Ed.: P.P.
Shirodkar

Good luck

Basilio Monteiro

> nirmala gopal rajanala wrote:

> >Hello friends,

My name is nirmala and I came to goa a few years back.
I fell in love with goa the moment I came here and I
feel goans are the most helpful and nice people.

I heard from many people that goa has a distinct
culture, a blend of the traditional Indian culture and
the impact of portuguese colonial rule, making it
different from people living elsewhere.

With a desire to study goan culture and life style in
detail, especially in the work and organisational
context, I am working towards my research.

I will be very grateful to any of you who can give me
specific instances of how goans are different in their
life style, work attitudes and how all this contributes
to organisational performance.

I will be very obliged if you can mail me directly on
this topic, any examples and suggestions, comments and
advice. You can mail at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanking you and goa net for giving me the opportunity
to be introduced to the goan elite, I look forward to a
healthy discussion on the most interesting topic -Goa
and Goans

Regards,
Nirmala