|    Goanetters annual meet in Goa is scheduled for Dec 27, 2005 @ 4pm   |
|The Riviera Opposite Hotel Mandovi, Panjim (near Ferry Jetty/Riverfront)|
|         Attending.......drop a line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]            |
On Mon Dec 26 04:47:58 PST 2005, Philip Thomas wrote:

> There should be no excuses for ramping up Seabird NAS on grounds such as
> "unsuitable terrain". In fact there's no justification for sitting tight on
> a 11,000 foot runway like Dabolim  just for training carrier pilots and
> helicopter pilots! Let's get real.

RESPONSE: Philip, I had pointed out earlier to you - pls refer:

http://shire.symonds.net/pipermail/goanet/2004-October/019334.html

that Dabolim is only 7850ft in length - not big enough to land a B747 like a
11000ft runway would, unless you are considering land on the east-end of the
runway for possible expansion to a 11000ft runway.

http://world-airport-codes.com/india/dabolim-airport-2604.html

Having said that, another website indicates the runway "has been increased to
over 10,000ft". It also is very informative on the "shrinking population of
Sea Harriers" and more at INAS 551 - INS HANSA.

http://www.ets-news.com/third.php?id=617

So how long is the runway at Dabolim and if long enough why can't B747s land
there yet ?? Logistics at the apron/terminal??

Best - Bosco

|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |