|                         Wishing all Goanetters                         |
|                             a Prosperous                               |
|                                  and                                   |
|                         Happy New Year - 2006                          |
|                    Goanet - http://www.goanet.org                      |
Ruth  de  Souza's article is  well written and interesting.

However, most of her research is based on Anglo-Saxon  sources.  Depending on
their religious denominations, most (though not all)  Anglos are  inclined to
be anti-Catholic.  Also, some Anglos
believe that all non-Anglos, including the Portuguese,  are backward and
inferior.

We should guard against being influenced by extremist historians and writers
who are prejudiced and distort facts to suit their own ends..

MARTINHO  de  SOUZA

|                    Goa - 2005 Santosh Trophy Champions                 |
|      Support Soccer Activities at the grassroots in our villages       |
|  Vacationing in Goa this year-end - Carry and distribute Soccer Balls  |