--- "A. Veronica Fernandes" wrote:

I feel sorry to know that deGoanisation process
in Goa is in full swing.  Non-Goans are having
lot of
money with them and with the strength of this
they
purchase Goan properties.  This trend must be
arrested first by not selling our lands to
non-Goans
and secondly by purchasing Goan lands by us only.

Mario adds:

I finally found this pearl of wisdom in a sea of
nonsense blaming the selling of Goa on everything
else
and everyone else other than where the blame
really
belongs: on Goans in Goa, in India and in the
diaspora.

Although it would be wonderful to entertain the idea, that the Goan diaspora could change the current trend, it will be just an elusive dream. We just enjoy shooting the breeze (pardon the expression) on Goanet, from cyberspace. But are we really serious that Goans in Goa will stop selling their lands to non-Goans, while waiting with great expectations for prospective Goan diaspora (permanently settled abroad) to buy land in Goa, at the pace and prices non-Goans are enticing our local Goans?

We must come to terms with the reality that those who left Goa are (mostly) gone for good, and those that have made up their minds now will leave as well. It is up to Goans who live in Goa to fend for themselves and look after their own interests and homeland, —and the reality lies therein.

Joe Vaz