Recently, I was astonished to read an article on the local Goan english
newspaper on the Higher Secondary Schools change of uniform to Salwar Kameez.
I request the Eduacational authorithies not to strictly  impose the dress code
to Salwar Kameez.  Its the full right of the students to wear dresses, skirts
or whatever they like, so long as they don't breach the moral standards. The
subtle ideas of this Salwar Kameez idealogy is the 'outsider' influence that
is now threathening the very social fabric of the native Goans.  Today no
skirts, tommorow no Jeans.

  Preetam Raikar