Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
         There is no better, value for money, guest house.
              Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

Dear Filomena,

Finally we are on the same page. I never had a problem with your
observations per se but just how they were worded.

Rehabilitation sounds so much better than abolish doesn't it. And
acknowledging poverty as the issue instead of slum structures is far more
balanced.

Actually what China does is limit the amount of migration into the booming
cities. If you are from the country side you have to have a special pass to
be in the cities(They stole Selma's brilliant idea!). Hence they have far
fewer problems related to urban housing than us. This is sometimes referred
to as a "democracy tax" Indians pay vis-a-vis China. Though I have never
been to China, friends who were lucky enough to visit the countryside(it
requires special permission to do so) say that there is a bigger rich-poor
divide there than in India.

The "Maoists" in India are more commonly referred to as "Naxalites" and have
thus far restricted themselves to the countryside.

Thanks for the many replies.

Regards
Sunith Velho