Goanet recommends, and is proud to be associated with,
'Domnic's Goa' - A nostalgic romp through a bygone era.
This book is the perfect gift for any Goan, or anyone
wanting to understand Goa. Distributed locally by
Broadway, near Caculo Island, Panjim & internationally
by OtherIndiaBookStore.Com. For trade enquiries contact
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Please come with a list of names and then ask them each one by one if they
>are pro-colonial!

All those who see nothing wrong about parades in Goa which involve the
waving of Portuguese flags(my original point). So far the list consists of

1. Selma Carvalho   (?)
2. Bernardo Colaco
3. Jose Colaco
4. Marsh Mendonca

Those classed by me as "ignorants" are those who think that this has no
effect on the way Catholics are percieved in Goa and the rest of India. Make
that list up for yourself.

If anyone rejects my contention that this flag waving is a sign of confused
identity, then please tell my why there are no similar parades taken out by
football supporters of Brazil or Argentina of whom there are a similar(or
much more) number in Goa.

>>A basic democratic right which was denied for centuries
>>under the Portuguese continued to be denied by the new rulers who are
>>.supposed to have liberated us after 1961 (but "technically" as Fred says
>>it
>>was a conquest. What a joke!).

The real joke is you continuously comparing the rights of Goans under the
Portuguese colonial regime with those that EVERY  GOAN enjoys today as part
of the Indian union, a privilege they were able to enjoy almost two decades
before the Portuguese people themselves.

If you or anyone provide me a list of CONSTITUTIONAL rights enjoyed by Goans
both pre and post liberation, I will shut up. Go ahead... what are you
waiting for?

Sunith Velho

  • ... Sunith Velho
    • ... Frederick [FN] Noronha * फ्रेडरिक नोरोन्या
    • ... Carvalho