--- On Thu, 7/17/08, Chris Vaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Chris Vaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> If you were not so obsessed with "gates" and the
> urge for compulsive
> material consumption for the good life, you would indeed
> have those savings
> to sock away!  ;--).
Actually my husband and I talk about this often, how the attitudes of Indians
have changed within one generation. My parent's generation went abroad to save
and remit every shiny penny back home. Their only dream was to retire and live
a comfortable life. Our generation believes in living for the here and now,
traveling and basically enjoying the money while we make it. It maybe
fool-hardy but the horse of Hedonistic pleasures has already bolted from the
stable.

best,
selma